Join These New Lions!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is meeting attendance required?
Meeting attendance is not required. We have many members who are away for much of the year and others who can attend meetings only once in a while.
What are the general attendance requirements for the Club?
Our motto is "We Serve", whether you volunteer a couple hours of your time or several hours there is not a hard and fast rule as to how much time you are required to donate to the Club. Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated!! The more you are able to put in the more satisfaction you will get back.
Where and when are meetings held?
We meet on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. The social hour starts at 6:30pm and the dinner begins at 7:00pm with a short program following the dinner. Meetings are normally held at the Episcopal Church Social Hall on Williams Drive, Fort Myers Beach.
How much does it cost to be a member?
The membership application is $70.00. This includes a Lions vest, membership kit and pin and registration with Lions International.
The annual dues are:
$115.00 without meals
$250.00 including meals for all dinners
Dues may be paid bi-annually, (every 6 months):
$60.00 without meals
$130.00 including meals for all dinners
*membership scholarships are available on a limited basis
Why should I join?
The needs of the world and our community can be overwhelming. Here is an opportunity to work with other like-minded people in caring for others through fund-raising and community activities as well as develop new friendships in the world’s largest service club.
BEACH LIONS RETURN 100% OF ALL FUNDSRAISED TO THE COMMUNITY THROUGH NEEDED SERVICES FOR THOSE LESS FORTUNATE
EYESIGHT SAVING SERVICES!
· Provide eye glasses for those in need -our Club has paid for thousands of eye surgeries and glasses.
· Provide hearing aids for those who are in need
· Provide medicine and food during disasters
· Support Girl and Boy Scout Programs
· Operate a youth exchange program
· Support recreational programs
· Support and sponsor Little League
· Sponsor Youth Soccer team
· Provide Diabetes research
· Provide screening for glaucoma and diabetes
· Provide all types of eye testing and screening
· Operate drug training for teachers (quest)
· Provide services for senior citizens
· Provide scholarships for local worthy students
· Provide community leader awards (Outstanding Citizens)
· Operate Sight First to eliminate 80% of blindness worldwide
· We are Original Sponsors of the Ft. Myers Beach Little League
· We provide funds yearly for the Beach Library to purchase books in braille to add to their offerings.
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LIONS CLUBS
Invitation-Application For Membership
Lions Club Name: Ft. Myers Beach Lions Club
Member Sponsor:_____________________________ Membership Chair: Jerry Tatarian
First Name: ________________________ MI: _____ Last Name:________________ Suffix: ____________
Gender: Male Female Occupation: __________________________________________________
Date of Birth: ______________________ Spouse’s Name:______________________________
City: ____________________________ State: ____ Zip:_________ Country: ______________
Phone: ________________________ Email: _________________________________________
Please review qualification criteria and fees for the followingLcirle)
I am a: New Member Former Member Transfer Member Member Number: __________________________ (If unknown, email email@example.com)
Previous Club Name:___________________________ Previous Club Number: ____________
Family Member Student Member Current or Former Leo
Enclosed is $__________ as an entrance fee, in addition to $__________ for international, multiple district and club dues.
I accept membership into Lions Clubs International and that the standards are limited to persons moral character and reputation. I recognize the importance of rendering personal service to my community in cooperation with other civic-minded persons. I understand that membership is not valid until approved by the club’s board of directors.
Signature __________________________________________ Date:______________________ MISSION STATEMENTTO EMPOWER volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.